Our Advanced Programs are built upon the execution of basic goalie techniques and to provide goalies with an understanding of adjustments they can make to enhance their individual games. These sessions are heavily focused on keeping the foundation they have built from the introduction stage while also introducing the understanding which movements to make in different situations.
Advanced | Mastery Keys
All goalies in advanced programs, camps, and clinics will learn and practice the following mastery skills.
Goalie Specific Skating
- Identifying Time to Use Which Movement
- Proper Technique on Butterfly Slides
- Rotation Ability Before Getting up out of Butterfly
- Transition From Getting up into a Push
- Understanding of Depth
- Understanding of Being on Angle to the Puck
Reaction Saves with Hands & Stick
- Goalie Shows Ability to React to the Puck
- Quality Visual Attachment on Puck
- Hands & Stick Stay in Front of Goalie’s Body